At the center of this vital industry—with 122,000 libraries in the United States alone—is the American Library Association, the oldest and largest library association in the world. Our 58,000 members represent the most active and engaged librarians in the profession, decision-makers, and key administrators. Throughout the year, our members and their staffs rely on ALA print and electronic publications to stay on top of what’s important, what’s new, and what’s coming down the road.
According to the last Book Industry Study Group study, libraries purchase more than $5 billion dollars worth of books and materials each year. Plus, they purchase a substantial amount of equipment, supplies, technology, and services too. You can learn much more about the library market by visiting the ALA Library Facts web pages.
Learn about American Libraries readers—2011 reader survey responses and comments
- American Libraries—the print membership magazine of the American Library Association
- American Libraries Magazine Online—the interactive website that keeps librarians up to date, 24/7
- AL Direct—the top-rated weekly e-newsletter aggregating ALA and industry news
- E-Product News—featured products from American Libraries advertisers (free to qualified advertisers)
- Special Delivery—promotional email sent on behalf of advertisers to 41,000 opt-in ALA members
- Special Exhibitor Offers—email outreach before conference to registered attendees and 41,000 opt-in ALA members
- Sponsored Blog Posts—information on your product or subject matter featured on AL Online or in AL Direct
- ALA Joblist and ALA Joblist Direct—the number one website for library and information science and technology jobs and its popular monthly e-newsletter
- Download the 2015 American Libraries media kit (PDF)
- Download the 2012 American Libraries publications overview (PDF)
For printed information and sample copies of the print American Libraries magazine, please send your contact information to Katie Bane at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To discuss advertising in any American Libraries publication, please email email@example.com.
Keep up with the rapidly changing library field—sign up for American Libraries Direct and ALA Joblist Direct.
What our readers are saying…
"The BEST place for library news: excellent broad coverage of current events and developments in libraries” and the profession."
"Excellent ideas and information for our library services."
"I always find a couple of interesting items that I don’t think I would find otherwise"
"Excellent and timely discussion of issues"
"Superb in tracking current issues"