Join OITP for an E-rate “Doubleheader” on Sunday
On Sunday, the ALA Office for Information Technology Policy will host two programs on e-rate, a critical funding source for libraries that supports their connectivity needs.
The first, “E-rate: Looking Back, Forging Ahead,” will be held from 10:30 a.m. to noon in MCC–Room 334 and will feature success stories from libraries that have directly benefited from e-rate discounts. Hear how these libraries have worked through the intricacies of the e-rate application process to bring home thousands of dollars. Learn how your library can benefit from e-rate expert John Noran from the Schools and Libraries Division of the Universal Service Administrative Company—the agency that administers this critical program!
Linda Lord, chair OITP’s E-rate Task Force, will serve as moderator.
Speakers will include the following:
- John Noran, Universal Service Administration
- Meg Placke, Associate State Librarian, State Library of Louisiana and library applicant partner
- Dr. Linda LeBert-Corbello, Director, Jefferson Davis Parish Library
- Mala Muralidharan, Virtual Projects & E-rate Manager, Arizona State Library and library applicant partner
- Victoria Yarbrough, Acting Director of Libraries & Recreation, City of Douglas
The second, “E-rate Office Hours with USAC” will be held from 1:30 to 5:30 p.m. in HIL-Trafalgar. OITP encourages all who either apply for e-rate funding or would like to apply for the first time to attend.
Bring your questions—big or small and everywhere in between—and have them answered by e-rate expert John Noran from the Schools and Libraries Division of the Universal Service Administrative Company—the agency that administers this critical program. Sign up for individual appointments during the program. Don’t miss this opportunity for one-on one time to address the issues that matter to you most.