Presidential Task Force on Equitable Access to Electronic Content to Provide Update
The Presidential Task Force on Equitable Access to Electronic Content, a.k.a. the EQUACC Task Force, was created as the result of a Council Resolution to study challenges and recommend potential solutions in libraries for improved access to electronic content.
Its program, “Where We Are, Where We Are Heading: The Presidential Task Force on Equitable Access to Electronic Content Update,” will be held on Sunday from 4 to 5:30 p.m. at the Loews Hotel, Louisiana Ballroom. During this program, members of the task force will provide insight and updates on the work of the group. Panelists will represent the five areas on which the task force has focused its work: Environmental Scan, Licensing, Accessibility, Public Relations, and Model Projects. Feedback and discussion from the audience is highly encouraged. Special guest Brewster Kahle will provide introductory remarks.
Task Force panelists will include the following:
- Moderator: Linda Crowe, co-chair EQUACC Task Force, Executive Director, Califa Group
- Christopher Harris, School Library System Genesee Valley Educational Partnership
- Jackie Rafferty, Library Director, Paul Pratt Memorial Library
- Char Booth, Instruction Services Manager & E-Learning Librarian at the Claremont Colleges Library
- Jamie LaRue, Library Director, Douglas County Libraries
- Heather Wicht, Electronic Resources Librarian, University of Colorado at Boulder