This ad posted March 23, 2006|
Director, Sales Department
Are you are interested in being an integral part of a rapidly growing international business? If so, and you have a background in sales management, we want to talk to you! We're East View Information Services, Inc., the world's premier supplier of foreign language publications and services to library, governmental, and other institutional customers.
Our Minneapolis corporate headquarters is currently looking for a dynamic, motivated director to head our newly-reorganized sales department. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of the global library and information marketplace, be technically savvy with respect to contact management software, website creation and maintenance, and have the leadership capabilities to manage a staff and coordinate an international team.
- Coordination of company's sales activities in all offices (U.S., E.U., Russian) in order to optimize global coverage; management of office-based sales staff, field-based sales staff, and agents.
- Coordination with marketing department to identify and segment appropriate markets in the U.S., E.U., and other global regions.
- Meeting aggregate and specific sales targets for all company products and services (foreign language databases, print periodicals, books, microfilms, digitization and value-added services).
- Competitive intelligence and awareness; communication of threats or opportunities throughout company.
- Formulate and manage departmental budget.
- Other duties as required.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bachelor's degree; master's preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience in sales and 5 years in sales management; preferably in information/publishing sector.
- Leadership and management skills; previous experience in organizational transformations in a small- or medium-sized business environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communications skills.
- Fluency in at least one foreign language (speaking, reading and writing) highly desired.